April 16, 2014
Dear Tri-Parish families,
Blessed Holy Week and Easter to you! We are writing to share registration information about Religious Education programs offered at our three parishes. Our Tri-Parish Community is blessed to have a rich tradition of faith to share with our young people.
Our Tri-parish Faith Formation Center, located next to Ss. Cyril & Methodius Church, provides Religious Education classes for students in public schools, as well as Sacramental Preparation and Youth Ministry opportunities for all youth of our parishes, Catholic and public school alike. There is a place for everyone!
With this letter, you will find registration materials for Religious Education programs for the 2014 – 2015 school year. If your family has been regularly participating in Religious Education, we welcome you back! If you’ve been away for awhile, we encourage you to consider making a return, working together with us to pass on the great gift of Faith to your children.
Here are some things to note:
- Early registrations ($65) tuition are due by May 30. After May 30, tuition is $80.
- There is no charge after the second child.
- We have had a lot of success with the EDGE program for Middle School students (grades 6-8). We are making a significant change this year in moving that program to the evening, to coincide with the high school classes. The EDGE program will meet the same weeks as the elementary program, but the time will be 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. There are several reasons for this switch:
- It helps our Director of Faith Formation be more fully present to both the elementary and Middle School programs.
- The later time makes it easier to retain and recruit EDGE team members to lead the small groups.
- By coinciding with high school, we will be able to offer annual speakers and programs that can reach out to both Middle School and High School.
We realize that the switch of time may present some inconvenience, but we hope that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. Please don’t hesitate to contact Sarah with any questions you may have. Our Middle School team is also exciting to be starting a weekly youth group option starting in May and throughout the summer. Be watching your mailboxes and bulletins for more information!
- All High School classes will be moving to the Discipleship Group model! This means that all students will have the benefit of: engaging Study Sessions on why the Church teaches what she does and how to defend the Catholic faith, a peer group of the same gender that they can speak frankly with about their faith, doubts and interests, and great Discipleship Leaders who walk with teens on their journey through High School. Discipleship Groups will meet every other week throughout the school year on either Wednesday or Sunday nights from 7-8:30pm (other times are possible-contact Shannon). In addition to these bi-monthly Study (and sometimes Social) Sessions, students will also be expected to join their Discipleship Group in attending 2 Prayer Sessions and 2 Service Sessions at some point during the school year. Schedules will be sent out soon along with a questionnaire to match teens with peers and leaders who share their interests. Friends will also be encouraged to sign up together.
Included in this mailing is a flyer about an exciting summer program called Totus Tuus (“Totally Yours”). This week-long program is from June 22-27 and includes a day-long program for children entering grades 1-6 as well as an evening program for teens entering grades 7-12. The flyer and registration have more information, or you can contact Sarah with any questions.
Also included is a flyer and permission slip for the Sheboygan Area Service Week July 29, 30 and 31. This “local mission trip” is a way for teens (entering grades 7-12) as well as their chaperones (17 yrs +) to give back to the community, explore why service is at the heart of the Catholic faith and have fun! Students who sign up should intend to be there all 3 days and may bring friends who do not belong to the Tri-Parishes. Sign up today to save your spot!
Thank you for your commitment to the spiritual formation of your child! We look forward to working together with you. For more information about any of the Faith Formation programs, please visit our website at: triparishfaithformation.wordpress.com or contact us with any questions you may have.
Sarah Weyker, Director of Faith Formation, 1-8
Shannon Ausloos, Director of Faith Formation, 9-12